Sixth Floor Labs Forum Index Sixth Floor Labs
The watering hole of the 6FL community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sixth Floor Labs Forum Index -> Project Alexandria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormedas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: I can't play. Reply with quote

Sorry to ruin all your fun, but for some reason I am recieving this error when I begin the first level, even though I have all of the required software.

Code:
 File "/home/dormedas/Desktop/alexandria-r1.1/src/Geometry.py", line 278, in collide_all
    collide = ode.collide2
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'collide2'

Help, please?

I am running Ubuntu 7.04 on a relatively old machine (1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, GeForce FX 5500)
Ethan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I was afraid something like this might happen. Ubuntu is still shipping version 1.1.0 of python-pyode, when 1.2.0 has been out for a few months. Similarly, the ODE package, which python-pyode depends on, is a bit outdated in Ubuntu.

I'm not entirely sure what your options are -- I run Debian myself -- but here are some things you might try:

1) grab the python-pyode package from Debian unstable,
here, as well as ode from here and try to install them using
Code:
sudo dpkg -i
This ought to either work or fail quickly.

2) download the source for ODE and python-pyode and compile it yourself. This is a bit more involved. The easiest thing to do is probably to grab the package sources from Debian unstable at the above URLs, unpack them, cd to the directory, and then run
Code:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
This will probably abort, telling you it needs certain dependencies, which you'll then have to install separately -- but if it works, this ought to produce .debs in the parent directory.

Try #1 and if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll see if I can build debs for Ubuntu for you.

Ethan
dormedas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sort've FYI, I downloaded the ODE package, and it required a new version of libc6, I don't know exactly what transpired, but I did as it said, and it led me to a broken libc6. I am currently in the process of booting from a LiveCD to extract my files, and as soon as that is over, to wipe the drive clean and start anew. (unfortunately)
Ethan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, sorry about that. Let me see if I can build ODE packages for Ubuntu.

Ethan
Ethan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try the packages my friend just built of Debian's ODE. They ought to work on a Ubuntu system (they were built on one). Please don't replace your libc, though!

http://www.sixthfloorlabs.com//posts/2007/11/08/ODE_debs/index.html

Ethan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sixth Floor Labs Forum Index -> Project Alexandria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: